(⌐■_■)

MAY YOUR HAMMER BE MIGHTY

Are you in a band or do you shred radical gnar?
Get your pictures or music featured on Goon Squad Forever by sending your content to submissions.goonsquad@gmail.com

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Clash

I was getting jerked around on the bus today while I was heading to work  when I realized that MIA's Paper Planes sampled the Clash's Straight to Hell.  I might be the only one who didn't know this so it came as a pretty weird surprise.  I actually thought a Paper Planes remix had been incorrectly labeled or I accidentally hit shuffle somehow, but that was not the case.  The discovery actually bothered me for a minute because I really dislike MIA and thought that she might have stole some of the Clash's thunder for the melody.  But Straight to Hell, while less poppy and dancy was a gem hiding in my ipod waiting to be found.  So here I am sharing it with you.  Enjoy.



This track is dedicated to a fellow fan of the Clash, Daveed.  Kill it up there, hombre.

gonz

No comments:

Post a Comment