(⌐■_■)

MAY YOUR HAMMER BE MIGHTY

Are you in a band or do you shred radical gnar?
Get your pictures or music featured on Goon Squad Forever by sending your content to submissions.goonsquad@gmail.com

Saturday, December 18, 2010

sebastian



Once in a while, you can't just help but get into deep contemplative moods. For me, it usually happens after midnight when I listen to a song like the one above. It is then, when things Ive been thinking about, but dont really have any place being pondered over during the day, finally come out of the recesses of my mind.

Sometimes pleasant and sometimes not, these contemplative thoughts can keep me up for hours until daybreak or wrap me in a warm blanket of comfort and let my conscious fade to my dreams. During these times of thought, I crave to see the stars. What a better backdrop or thing to look at than the infinite and unexplored frontier that lies only miles away?

Space is never given much thought during our day to day lives and it's a shame. We fight with one another over trivial things like land or money, material things that are often given value by the power of beliefs. It is understandable that when such an immense unknown is right at our doorstep, to think about what is out there feels intimidating, even scary. Yet, many people are doing incredible things to learn more about what is beyond, they are so curious and amazed. Many or most don't care at all. I'm not exactly doing my part to help either, but if I had the chance, I'd volunteer in a second to explore what's beyond our little blue planet. As long as I could remember, I've always had a dream to go to outer space. In reality, it's not as far fetched as it sounds. The first commercial Spaceport has already opened with tickets costing almost an arm and a leg, but who gives a shit? I'm not asking to drive a floating car, I'm asking to go to space.

People are on the verge of making something that was almost impossible to do a century ago, possible for anyone who has the money to pay for it. It's something that I may not have the money to do in my lifetime, but I'm hopeful that those after me who have a similar fascination with the final frontier will be able to do what I have always dreamt of doing.

-gonz

No comments:

Post a Comment