(⌐■_■)

MAY YOUR HAMMER BE MIGHTY

Are you in a band or do you shred radical gnar?
Get your pictures or music featured on Goon Squad Forever by sending your content to submissions.goonsquad@gmail.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gardens and Villa


I've never had a legitimate claim to fame and after reviewing this post, I still don't.  If I did, however, it would be because of a member from Gardens & Villa.  It all began with Dusty Ineman, the visionary who was responsible for this:


Thanks to Dusty, the poor planning of a bike modification gone awry quickly turned into a comment karma goldmine on Reddit.  The photo eventually circulated all over the internet and received over a million views.  With my 15 minutes of fame stolen by my sketchy bike, at least I have an excuse for never making the headlines in the future.  It's totally cool though.  I would rather see Gardens & Villa, a group of dudes with actual talent, making it big.  

To get you warmed up, the ideal entry level track for any listener who has never been exposed to Gardens & Villa is Black Hills.  Among the variety of delicious sounds, my two favorite are the clean guitar lick and staccato progression on the keys, which gives the song a mellow-pop vibe.  Black Hills is perfect for pretty much anytime (unless you're raging face) and I get stoked whenever it's reverberating through my speakers.  Have a listen.

Black Hills

So sick right?!  If you liked that, you're going to dig this funky track called Orange Blossom.  

Orange Blossom

That BASS, UH!  Im a fiend for doin' it live and these guys are definitely doing something right.  Check out their website www.gardensandvilla.com, it has lots of fun stuff.  See ya back here mañana.

-gonz

No comments:

Post a Comment